Rules and Guidelines
- Youth under 12 years old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian in all areas of the facility, unless they are participating in an organized program or activity.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
- Morey Courts Recreation Center is a smoke free facility.
- No pets are allowed except those assisting a person with a disability or if a special program (i.e. police canine presentations or other demonstrations) is scheduled.
- Morey Courts Recreation Center or staff is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles. It is strongly recommended that all belongings be placed in a locker and secured with a personal lock. Please do not bring valuables into the facility. Locks can be purchased or rented at the front desk. All locks must be removed daily.
- Children 4 years of age or older may not use the locker room of the opposite sex. Please make appropriate arrangements to avoid any problems.
- Eating and drinking is permitted in designated areas only.
- Outside food or coolers will not be allowed in the facility.
- No spitting, chewing tobacco or alcohol beverages in the facility.
- Only scuff-resistant shoes are allowed in the activity areas of the building. Dark soled running shoes, turf shoes, spiked shoes and any other types of shoes which mark the floors, especially the gymnasium and aerobic floors are absolutely prohibited. Muddy or dirty shoes are not permitted. Participants are asked to please change into a separate, clean pair of shoes for their indoor recreational use. Shoes are required to be worn at all times while in the facility, unless designated by the activity or program instructors.
- Proper behavior is required at all times in the facility.
- The following activities are not permitted and will result in suspension, expulsion or termination of membership and/or use of the facility.
- Property damage or vandalism
- Loitering (inside or outside of the facility)
- Disorderly conduct
- Each area has individual guidelines for you safety and enjoyment. Please follow these guidelines which are posted.
- Participating in the facilities activities, programs, and equipment is at your own risk. If you need help or assistance please ask the Morey Courts Recreation staff.
- We recommend that any individual involved in strenuous activity carry appropriate identification in case of emergency.
- Morey Courts Recreation Center staff reserves the right to add, amend or delete rules as necessary.
Please Note: Participation in any physical activity has possible inherent and unforeseen risks which include injury or death. Anyone using the facility must be aware of this fact, assume the risks and be responsible for taking proper precautions.
Gymnasium Rule and Regulations
We will try to keep a portion of the gyms available for open gym. However, on occasion, all areas may be needed for programs, leagues or special events. Please keep in mind these rules are meant to ensure a comfortable and safe atmosphere for everyone. Please be courteous and respectful of others and the facility.
- Shirts must be worn.
- Shorts, sweat pants or warm-ups must be worn.
- Proper footwear is expected, no bare feet.
- Non-marking court shoes must be worn on the gym floors.
- Towels are suggested to wipe off excessive sweat (excess sweat can accumulate on the floor and cause slipping. Towels will be provided by the facility.
- For all open gyms a sign in sheet will be at the front desk. You must sign in at all times.
- NO food or open beverages containers allowed.
- Water containers must have a secure lid and cannot be taken onto the gym floor.
- No glass or metal containers.
- Clean up and report spills to staff.
- No foul language.
- No spitting.
- Gambling, fighting, threatening, or indecent conduct will not be permitted.
- Children 12 and under must be supervised at all times.
- Morey Courts Recreation Center staff is not responsible for lost of stolen items. We recommend you leave your valuables at home or lock them up.
- Be aware that others will be using the facility.
- Only radios with head sets are permitted.
- Morey Courts Recreation Center reserves the right to resolve all conflicts during play on the gym floor.
- Any disputes over times, players, games and procedures are to be brought to the Morey Courts Recreation Center staff.
- When a session has ended, PLEASE leave the floor promptly so the next scheduled activity can begin.
- All equipment is to be used in the proper way.
- No kicking or sitting on basketballs or volleyballs
- If using Morey Courts Recreation equipment, it is to be returned to the Front Desk.
- Dunking or hanging on the basketball rims is prohibited.
- No hanging on volleyball nets.
- An inappropriate use or abuse of the facility or equipment may result in termination of privileges.
- Good sportsmanship is expected for all activities. Morey Courts Recreation Centers reserves the right to eject anyone not following the rules of the facility.
- Only the following sports may be played and/or practiced in the gymnasium – basketball, football (without spikes) and volleyball unless approved by facility management.
- NO organization practices except for rentals.